The Show Must Go On!
Camp Wannakumbac is looking for motivated youth ages 16-18 interested in future summer employment as a camp counsellor. Spend 5 days at camp this summer receiving training and mentorship for skills such as leadership, youth engagement, and conflict mediation.
Because we’ve been unable to host our regular camp program since summer 2019, we will likely have to construct our counselling team almost from scratch. Being a part of our 2021 CIT Program will give you a leg-up on the competition because of the direct knowledge about our summer camp you will be receiving. It is important to us that our future staff members are prepared for a return to regular summer programming. The CIT program this year will be 5 days long and you will be mentored by our management team and summer director. With our altered training program we are striving to give you a similar work experience to what you would expect from our regular summer camp. This means you will be following a schedule similar to a typical day at camp, as well as teaching activities to our campground youth and maintaining our facility.
- You will be expected to arrive on Thursday at 11:00am and depart on Monday at 2:00pm of your week. On-site accommodations are provided.
- You must respect the current COVID-19 protocols in place during your week.
- Meals will be supplied for you but with some minor prep required since there is no kitchen staff.
- There is a cost of $150.00 to cover your meals and utilities while you are here.
- You will be expected to follow the schedule that is constructed for you.
- Various duties you will be doing will include:
- running activities,
- helping our campground customers,
- cleaning washrooms, and
- campground maintenance.
- There will be a one hour lesson every day so you can gain knowledge about the regular camp counsellor experience.
- The topics vary from “Camp Out” to the “Unofficial Guide of Counselling” as well as others.
For more information, please contact our office and ask to speak with the Summer Director.